What a gorgeous treat this was! I’ve been searching high and low for frozen dragon fruit for the past YEAR! I finally found it at MOM’s, so thank you to them. I was ecstatic…I’m almost certain there was a bright light shining directly over the packet in the freezer section as I made my way towards it.
The color may be gorgeous, but what’s even better is the flavor! I know regular dragon fruit doesn’t have much flavor, but the pink dragon fruit blended so well with the frozen bananas and mangoes. Some of you may know that I like to freeze my coconut milk into ice cubes to use in creamy bowls like this. It’s very simple to do. Check out the recipe, try it out, and please let me know when you do because I want to hear all about how good it tastes!
- 1 packet of pink dragon fruit
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen mangoes (use fresh mangoes for a super smooth, flavorful smoothie bowl!)
- 2 frozen cubes
- splash of coconut water
- Add all ingredients, except the coconut water, to a high speed blender and allow the frozen fruit to thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend and use the tamper to get anything on the sides. You may need to stop and stir it a few times and add that splash of water in for even blending after you’ve already blended it a few times.
- Once it is at your desired consistency, pour into a large bowl, add your toppings and enjoy!
*I topped mine with blackberries, banana stars, coconut shavings, chia seeds, and a lil slice of lime (make sure your squeeze it out before eating; it adds a tropical kick!)
*Toppings: dairy free yogurt, frozen fruit, regular fruit, dried fruit, chia seeds, hemp seeds, granola, nuts, shredded coconut, nut butter (almond, peanut, sunflower), cacao nibs, honey, maple syrup, and more!
Enjoy! Let me know what you think or if you have any other recommendations. Tag me in photos if you post to Instagram @kenzsteele