In no way are these healthy AT ALL, but they were so fun to make. They are a great gluten free and vegan snack for anyone with dairy, egg, or gluten allergies. A huge thank you to TJ for stirring up both batches that we made. He had to have burned his hand four times while attempting to get the krispies into the pan. I think these will be really great for kid’s parties, birthday parties, family get togethers, girl’s nights, anything really! Personally, I’m taking them over to my granny’s house for Easter tomorrow. I wanted to share the recipe with y’all so you could give them a try!
These krispie treats are…
and super easy for small kids to bite into!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 10 oz. bag small marshmallows
- 4 cups fruity pebble cereal (I got the generic brand)
- Line a 9×9-inch pan (I didn’t have one, but it’s my recommendation) with aluminum foil. Spray foil, lightly, with non-stick spray.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium size pot, over medium-low heat.
- Pour the bag of marshmallows into the pot and stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in the cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into the pan and allow it to cool for an hour.
- You can cut them however you like, but I know everyone really enjoyed the bite sized pieces!
Enjoy! Let me know what you think or if you have any other recommendations. Tag me in photos if you post to Instagram @kenzsteele