These yummy cakes are not paleo, nor are they vegan, but they are DEFINITELY a family favorite. Mama has been perfecting this original recipe for years, and just this year we’ve decided to try them in a gluten free, dairy free form. These guys are the sort of thing you’d crave around the holidays or when you’ve got a large group of people, because you can easily double the recipe. We made them gluten free and dairy free so that they’re a little easier on the stomach. They do have added sugars. It is possible to substitute with maple sugar, but the texture won’t be as ‘IHOP like’ 😉 I hope you enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat a lightly oiled nonstick pan over medium high heat (about 325º).
- Start by combining the liquids in a large bowl.
- When liquids are combined, add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (lumps can still remain), don’t over mix.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter and pour into the pan.
- Wait for bubbles to form, check the bottom, and flip when lightly brown
*For the blueberry topping, we felt it was best to heat up frozen blueberries in a microwave safe bowl for a few seconds before topping off the pancakes. The second batch had chocolate chips added into the batter and was topped with fresh strawberries in a dairy free whipped topping.
Let me know what you think or if you have any other recommendations. Tag me in photos if you post to Instagram @kenzsteele